Snowballs Vs. Satellite

December 20, 2010

Today was the first snowfall on the cape. How about that?! The news has only been talking about this whirlwind for the past week and a half, and it's finally here. I actually should be out shoveling snow but, instead I would like to give Direct TV a big F-you shout out for a second. I realize that you give 800 amazing channels, High Def, On Demand, the whole nine. Your great. You can take back the other 780 channels I don't watch, but that's not what I'm here to complain about. I think you should include a ladder in your dish package along with a ice scrapper/brush/snow blower type of thingy. You can call it the New England Winter package. This makes sense, since we never got a warning about what could happen when you have two feet of snow sitting on your dish. This way, I can shimmy up the side of the 2 story house, on that fabulous ladder you have included, and then I can use the scrapper/brush/blower thingy to get all the snow off my dish and maybe watch some TV again. Do you not realize I'm missing the 16 and Pregnant marathon right now?

Instead, I sat in a foot of snow on the side of my house, throwing snowballs at the dish, hoping to knock down some of the snow that has accumulated there since 8pm yesterday. Guess what? Didn't work. What would have worked is, if I was trying to put snow on the dish, then my plan would have been a successful one, because I put A LOT of snow on top of the snow that was already there. But I was trying to do the opposite of that. So, thanks to you, I have no TV and a sore arm. Oh, and my UGGS would like to throw up the middle finger too. Apparently they are not water resistant.

My next plan is to back my SUV up to the side of the house, climb onto the roof and brush the dish off myself...I'll have the doctor forward the bill to Direct TV.



The Cape's first snowfall 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment