Cleveland to Erie and one missing cat

May 14, 2010

Picked up my parents in Cleveland. Now we had a full on motorcade going. We drove all the way through to Erie that night. Not to bad of a drive, but the parents were beat. I have not explained though all of this, our cat routine, and how we sneak our three cats in and out of the hotels, set up the litter box and food and water, along with bring all of our luggage in. It's a 40 minute ordeal. Morning and night. It's totally stressful and I hope to never do it again.

Well, the morning we were leaving Erie, Chris and I noticed all the cats were in the room. He had seen Willow (the largest cat) eating her food. I had left the room for a quick second to go see my parents in their room next to us. I had left the door slightly ajar, resting the door on that heavy silver latch lock thing that you use at night. I thought I was pretty safe. The door was heavy and I was only gone for less then a minute. I came back in and shut the door. Rounded up all the luggage and the litter box and the whole nine, ready to call everyone in to help us. There was seven of us now, so we should have been able to make it all down, cats and all, in one trip. One problem. The fat cat was m.i.a. Willow was nowhere to be found. We looked in the bathroom, under the foldout couch, in the bed, on the bed, under the bed, the dresser drawers, behind the t.v., behind the mini fridge. We even lifted up each mattress of the bed, to look under the hollow bed frame they were laying on. Nothing. No cat anywhere. Joey and Superfly were just lounging around the entire time this was going on. My Dad, Mom, Roxi, and Chris' mom started searching hallways of the hotel. My Mom had informed the front desk clerk that there was a missing cat on the second floor and there started the Hotel Staff Search Party in full swing. Organized as ever, like they had done it a million times. Armed with walkie talkies, they each spread out one by one taking each wing of each floor. ( For the record, it was a two floor hotel, not the biggest,but for a cat, might as well have been Trump Tower.)

As we frantically searched for Willow, Joey was starting to zip around the room, and slipped right underneath the bed closer to the headboard and base and disappeared. Then, Roxi said, that were ever Joey went, is where Willow was, and sure enough, she yanked the mattress away from the headboard and there were the two cats. Huddling together, looking really annoyed that we found their hiding spot. That was probably the worst morning I have had in a REALLY long time. Damn Cats.



The troublemaker herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment